Friday, April 29, 2005

Back From the Mall

My favorite store was closed due to renovations. What a waste of a day. And to have it closed at this time of year is maddening. I'm trying to focus on the positive rather than just be annoyed and mad about the whole thing. I mean, I thought the store was fine. It was more than fine. It was perfect. But okay, it's always been a great store so I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm sure they've consulted some trend-setting gurus. But geez, to close it now right on the brink of spring, when the weather has finally changed? Okay, deep breath: the mail-order shirts that my mom nearly forced me to order back in February will be okay for a while. A while. For now I can cover them with my off-white sort of macrame sweater. (Those guys with the hammers better hurry it up.)

No comments: